Wednesday, December 10, 2014

God's Wisdom Vs. Ours

We think we have things together way too often. We navigate through life with the attitude of "I'm in control."

When we really don't. When we really aren't.

James 4:13-15 reminds us:
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."

It is 3:00 in the morning. My eyes are wide awake and my mind is running. Thinking about my to-do list. Thinking about decisions that have been or need to be made. Thinking about my children and the path they are on. Thinking I need to go to prayer as I might be on the edge of worry. 

I'm so thankful God is the One in control. He knows the answer to all these things.

So I rest in this. 

And I meditate on this:
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:31-34

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Praying that God gave you peace and calmed your anxious heart. Have a blessed week.