Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy 20th Babe

To the Love of my life,

As we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary together, I cannot help but reflect on what God has done and accomplished in our own lives. We have been through so much together and I am so thankful that God saw fit to bring us together 21 years ago. I knew from the moment you visited me in the hospital during my first surgery (of many) and brought me Barney the Dinosaur holding a dozen roses that you were the one for me. (I still have that purple guy too) So many hours you spent reading Scripture to me. That was the best medicine of all.

After our wedding we were deluged by surgeries, miscarriages,  emotional upheavals, failed adoptions, and many more day to day struggles. Yet through it all Christ was our focus and you helped me to keep my eyes on Him. We now have four beautiful children through adoption. Thank you for opening your heart to this ministry. As we continue to add to our "God's Faithfulness Journal", we have been so blessed babe. God provided us this house, a van (though it be almost 16 years old), unexpected monetary blessings, among many more things.

The day after you asked for my hand in marriage you started a new job that would be yours to this day. You are the hardest worker I know. So many wives complain about their husbands coming home from work and sticking the newspaper or T.V. in front of their faces. You have never been one of those. You come home and engage our family. And you keep working at home, taking care of this place God has graciously given us. You have aged and continued to work hard. You have passed down this hard work ethic to our boys. Thank you.

The last five years have been the biggest trial of our marriage. I read and hear about all those couples dealing with struggling teens that break their marriages apart and I know it is by God's grace that we have grown closer. I know God has used this in our own lives to makes us so dependent on Him. I know I love you more than ever! Thank you for all you have helped this family accomplish in these last few years.

We are entering a new time in our lives. We now have our first senior of three consecutive years. We have some decisions to make financially too. I know God will provide and give us wisdom as we age and our lives change with the seasons. We will continue to seek Him and grow closer together as we do. Remember, even if we are in a shack, TOGETHER, I will be forever grateful to have you by my side.

So on this 20th anniversary of our love, the love of becoming man and wife, I am humbled and rejoicing. I am so in love with you. You are my leader, my lover, and my best friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to 2 of God's most faithful and beautiful servants that I have ever seen.

Much love, Patty

BARBIE said...

Happy anniversary! Praying you had a blessed Thanksgiving.