Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Reminding Myself...

When life throws the curve ball, which seems to come way too often at 103 mph, I fight to turn to the Scripture, where I know I will find hope and peace. The fast pitch came in last night and almost hit me in the ribs. Actually knocked my breath away...again. I stumbled. I fell to my knees. Anger tried to capture me, but it wasn't long before the Spirit brought humility and right thoughts.

So as Mr. Cartwright and I opened the Word this morning, we turned to the innumerable promises of our Great God.

I meditate on them today.

Here are just a few.

*We will be rewarded for perseverance.
Matthew 10:22 "The one who endures to the end will be saved."

*The Lord will give us rest.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

*The righteous will shine.
Matthew 13:43 "Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

*The Lord gives wisdom.
Luke 21:14-18 "Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand on how to answer, for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand and contradict. You will be delivered up even by brothers and parents and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death. You will be hated by all for My Name's sake, but not a hair of your head will perish."

These are just a few of God's Words that give hope when all around gives way. My thoughts turn to those Believers in Iraq and other countries that are fleeing for their lives.

That puts life into perspective. My God and their God is good. He remains good and will uphold His children.

More promises to come.....

1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Praying for you my friend!