Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Tired Soul

That's me.

I don't know about you, but I believe it might be true of you too. Parenting is such a difficult and tiring road.

So today I am meditating on these verses.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

He is the Prince of Peace. He is the Burden Bearer. He promises rest.

In light of this I want to love well too. I find myself so snappy and on edge when I am worn out. Sleep is important, but I love the days like today when I wake early without an alarm with prayers on my lips. I know the Spirit tends to do this when my heart is heavy and burdened. So I tossed and turned hoping to pray myself to sleep. But to no avail. I arose. I grabbed my Bible, journal and Devotional book (Disciplines of a Godly Woman, by Barbara Hughes) and put the coffee on. Three o'clock seemed a tad too early, but I always end up treasuring those days that I rise and have much more time than usual. Today was one of those days.

Though my body and mind were up when many others are resting, God met me and gave me rest in Him. My heart was heavy. My burdens were many. Six-thirty came and I was rested. My Jesus helped me to focus on Him and His will for my life.

Oh. What a great added dimension too. My lover, "Mr. Cartwright", was part of this morning. Nothing does a heart more good in marriage than when you read God's Word together. I love that man!




No comments: