Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bundled Up

"Hoss" finds himself in a deeper pit than he has ever been in so far. But I know those deep pits are where God can radically redeem a soul. Corrie Ten Boom once said, "There is not pit so deep that God is not deeper still." Since this boy/man of mine is part of me, I tend to spiral down as he makes his way deeper.

BUT..... (this word keeps my head and heart knowing and grasping for the truth)

I know the truth of my God. I know that He orchestrates all these things for our good. I know.....

So as I struggle for breath today, I opened my devotional to today's date. I am longing for the milk that refreshes my soul. My mouth is parched with fear. And God again shows Himself in ways that He and He alone knows I need to see and hear.

1 Samuel 25:29 "Should anyone rise up to pursue you and to seek your life, then the life of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of the living with the Lord your God; but the lives of your enemies He will sling out as from the hollow of a sling.

Abigail uses an amazing word picture as she encourages King David in dealing with her wicked husband. This verse reminds me again of how I must trust in the ONE who already knows the past from the future.God protects His children. What a beautiful picture of the arms of our Creator holding us and keeping us and protecting us. 

Psalm 32:7, "You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance." 

Psalm 36:7, "How precious is Your loving kindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."

He promises us to bundle us and be our refuge and fortress. 

These thoughts bring peace to a very weary soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying always for Hoss and for all of you. My heart is with you Sarah. I love you dear friend. I thought of this song, A Mighty Fortress by Christy Nockles (http://youtu.be/79parZK9xjw) when I read your post. I thought so much of you and "Mr. Cartwright" when I listened to it. I know our Father God is your fortress and stength. We will keep our eyes on Him.
Love you, Patty

Anonymous said...

Sarah you are prayed for and loved and never forget that!!! You are part of my family and true believe in Christ - don't ever let Satan tell you otherwise - I have you and your family in my heart and am praying for you - praying for a peace that surpasses all understanding!!! Keep your eyes on Him and He will take care of business - love you sista!! Mariann