Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Family Letter

Dear Friends,

       Life has taken a few steps back...well, maybe more than a few. "Hoss" is struggling. So am I, for that fact. I don't know what the future holds. I pretend more often than I'd like to admit that I am trusting and remembering God's faithfulness, but I am floundering. Very badly. Many of you know our story and have followed it for almost 4 years now.

Wow! Four years!

But I feel so burdened by the unknown. So I am begging for your prayers. Please pray that I would really trust. That I would not doubt. That I would believe. Please pray that Satan would take his grip off of our son. That God would open his eyes. That Christ would take preeminence in our whole family.

In the last couple of weeks, we have felt spiritually attacked. Satan so desires to sift us. He desires to bring a small tear in our family that can turn into a canyon. But we know God is bigger and stronger. He has used the past to refine us.

But can I just be honest? I'm tired! O.K. I know the truth. I know my strength must come from Him. I am so prone to fear, anxiety and worry. I want to trust. Please pray that I would. Please pray that I would live in joy for my Savior as well as the rest of the Ponderosa.

So I sit back and read this post and ask myself, "Haven't I been here before?" And I answer myself, "Yes, I have."

Thank you in advance for your prayers and lifting our family up to the God who knows all, sees all, and uses all for His glory.

Because Of Jesus,
"Mrs. Cartwright"

Thank you, Jesus, for your patience with me, Your daughter who struggles to trust in You. Remind me of your love and perfect timing, justice and truth.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Dianne said...

This has been a particularly hard summer for me--some hard trials and tribulations and I understand that feeling of being tired--

I know you know this already but we cannot give up dear friend or give in to those feelings--we must fight the good fight, stand strong remembering that the battle is His--sometimes we want to fight it for Him when all He wants is us to stand firm in our faith in Him.

Let us not grow weary for we will reap a great harvest if we do not give up the good fight.

And what it really boils down to is this--trust is a choice--and we have to keep making that choice over and over every day of our lives.

Praying for all of you.

Much love,
Dianne

BARBIE said...

I am lifting you up in prayer my friend. A scripture that particularly stands out to me for you is Psalm 27:13-14:

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

Hugging you from afar my friend!